The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts

The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts consists of  :

Book 1 – Morrigan’s Cross, published in September 2006
Book 2 – Dance of the Gods, published in October 2006
Book 3 – Valley of Silence, published in November 2006

I find this a pretty clever move to publish the books almost at the same time. Readers are able to follow the trilogy rather quickly, one after another, a month after the previous book(s) rather than wait for a longer time frame like most series.

Dance of the Gods and Valley of Silence have been in my collection these few years. However, I never have Morrigan’s Cross and for quite some times, I have been thinking if I should just read Dance of The Gods and Valley of Silence without Morrigan’s Cross. Because it wasn’t an urgent decision, I didn’t make any. However, the intention was always there and I always would be on a look out for Morrigan's Cross whenever I did any book shopping or when I’m at the library.

Such, it was a moment of joy when I saw Morrigan’s Cross on the shelf of my local library a couple of months ago. With that, I started on my Circle Trilogy right from book 1 to book 3 and having completed them, I can tell you that I really enjoyed them.

The Circle Trilogy traced the mission of 6 people who have been commissioned by the celtic god of war, Morrigan to go into battle with Lilith, a thousand year old powerful vampire. The six are Hoyt, a sorcerer Glenna the witch, Cian the vampire, Hoyt’s brother who was sired by Lilith, Blair, the demon hunter (warrior), Moira, the scholar or the ruler and Larkin, Moira’s cousin who is the shape shifter.

All three books started with an old man telling a group of children these stories and ended with that too. It was only in book 3 that we know who the old man was but a guess along the way would be of no harm :)

I just want to say that The Circle Trilogy is not a fantasy gene. It is a thriller for woman with romances injected in and set against a background of vampires and celtic gods, time travel and inter-ream travel.  Because it is not a hardcore fantasy tale, it might not appeal to the hard core fantasy fans.  I, on the other hand, loved it!

Review of Morrigan’s Cross coming up next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg